Thursday, February 28, 2013

February feature of the month


strike a pose...
It's almost March and you know what that means... it's time to do my monthly feature! This month I decided to choose one of my good friends, Amanda Naylor, and her photography business. She is amazing!  She has taken my maternity pictures, shot pictures of Piper for her newborn session, holiday pictures, and she's also done my sisters wedding. I just admire her work. Since I have met her, I have watched her business grow, along with mine, as well as her talent. I take no hesitation in recommending her to all the brides-to-be I meet and all customers of mine because I know that they will always be happy with the end result.

One of my motives in growing my business is to take a little of that 'wedding planning stress' off of my brides. Being in the wedding business, you start to meet a lot of diversely talented people.  With my aquired information and contacts, I want nothing more but to share them. How easy would it be for a bride to sit down with her florist, share her visions, and be able to create her dream wedding in one sitting... all because the talent she needs is at her fingertips? That's my goal.. Read on:

Hi everyone! I’m Mandy, a York County camera artist of real life and love.

When Amanda asked to feature me on her blog, it couldn’t have come at a better  time, not to mention a better source! Amanda and I connected a few years back through a mutual friend and we hit it off right away! Maybe because we share the same name, or maybe because we share a passion for art and crafting… Either way, this girl has become a HUGE part of my life! Being in the same realm of business, we lean on each other a lot- I ask her for help with new ideas, she asks me for opinions, and together we’re building our businesses! I recommend all my brides to her for flowers not only because she is 
my friend, but because she is truly GOOD at what she does.  After photographing a few of her amazing designs, it was a NO brainer for me to ask her to design my bouquets for my wedding day next year! Yup, that’s right! I’m getting married! And let me tell you- it’s such a CHANGE being on the front-line, instead of behind the scenes! It’s almost kind of stressful- I don’t know what I would do without Amanda’s help, not only flower wise, but with decorations, DIY crafts- everything! This girl is a jack of all trades!
After high school graduation in 2008, I relocated to Philadelphia to attend Antonelli Institute of Art and Photography where I earned my associates degree in photography. After graduation, I started to pursue my dream, and my business was born. For the past 2 years, I have been SO fortunate to work with some of the best clients a girl could ask for! September of 2012 I left my fulltime job to focus on building and improving my business, which was probably the scariest thing I’ve ever done, but I “punched fear in the face” (as one of my favorite photographers says), and I took the leap. It was the best leap I’ve ever taken.
One of the most popular questions my clients ask is, “why photography?”, or “how did you get into photography?”.  To me, these questions have endless answers, but the one that sticks out to me most, happened when I was 16. My grandfather suffered from Alzheimer’s Disease.. We’d go visit him and he couldn’t remember who I was, but when you showed him a picture of his life YEARS ago, it took him back- he remembered. He remembered the home he grew up in as a child. He remembered his adolescent years, his siblings and friends. What if those pictures didn’t exist?
I think that’s why I fell in love with photography. I don’t ever want to forget my life as time goes on. I want to remember the moments I once cherished so much. I want my CLIENTS to cherish their lives… The way a new couple looks at each other while they’re first falling in love, that walk down the aisle and first kiss after saying “I do”, those fresh wrinkles of newborn skin, your highschool senior all grown up… All of those moments we take for granted; those moments we CAN’T get back.  I want to freeze time for you, because when it’s all said and done, only photographs live forever…




Visit my website: naylorphoto.com
Become a fan:  facebook.com/naylorphoto
Amanda Naylor Photography
  
*Not to steal the spotlight... but step over! (haha) I want to add my favorite shots Mandy has taken for me and my family. She will forever be our family's photographer. It was very hard to choose just a few favorites, I must say:
 



..don't be shy, and thanks for stopping by!.. 
*follow me on instagram: everyonedeservesflowers* 

'Like' on facebook: everyone deserves flowers.

Follow Me on Pinterest  

No comments:

Post a Comment