Thursday, March 28, 2013

march feature: Mack Made.

strike a pose..

This month was a month of promotion dedication. I chose to dabble in some things I never have with my floral business before. For example, today my friend and I modeled dresses ON THE NEWS for the upcoming 'Dress for a Cause' event I have posted about being held at Blondie's Bridal Salon this Saturday 4-7:00.
I encourage everyone to attend! All the money raised will be donated to a great cause, and the cutest part about it all... my little Piper and my niece Ava will be walking in the fashion show!

 'everyone deserves flowers.' got a little attention on the news feature, and I got to wear this gorgeous dress.

I also provided florals for a growing 'alternative wedding marketplace,' Smitten & Bitten, which is held out of the beautiful, local venue Historic Shady Lane. As a promotional event, they held a very different and creative photoshoot with gorgeous models, staging, and even a videographer. This is some of the preview work that has been released, but I encourage you to visit the team's sites that have put it all together, especially if you are a local bride planning an upcoming wedding. They are extremely talented, I would reccomend each of them to a bride of my own, and I look foward to working with them more in the future.
florals by, yours truly: everyone deserves flowers.
photography by: With Love & Embers
staging assisted by: Pretty Pink Peonies
make-up and hair done by: Serenity Spa
vintage rentals provided by: weddings by borrowed & blue



Now that I've boasted my business enough (hehe) let's move onto my feature this month. I chose to feature a good friend of mine and her business, Mack Made.
Shea is one of the most kind-hearted, genuine individuals I have ever met. I had the honor of providing her flowers for her big wedding day last June, which was completely DIY and the most chic, rustic, and beautifully put together wedding I have ever been part of. She has true talent with crafts, and I 100% support her in her new business journey with her new hubby :) Plus, I love anything that could be custom ordered:

Hi, I'm Shea Mack! I have been friends with Amanda for about 5 years now. We worked together at Golds Gym. We easily connected with a love of creativity + crafts. Since, I know how hard it can be to put yourself out there, I'm impressed with Amanda's dedication to her blog and marketing her new business. She is very talented with flowers, and I'm proud of her embarking on this journey. When Amanda asked me to be a feature on her blog, I was super excited!
A little bit about me: I have always loved making things by hand, whatever it may be. I enjoy the company of my husband (and our new pup, Blue), being outdoors, loving on others, sending things in the mail, and learning to sew. Some would call me thrifty, and I'm okay with that. I find inspiration at flea markets and junk shops. I love things that have character and the potential to have a new purpose. I'm told I got my crafty genes from my great grandma, Ruth. Creativity and kindness were just two of her many gifts. I strive to live a legacy of depth like she did.
Last June, I got married to the love of my life, Adam. We had a complete DIY wedding with so much detail involved. Amanda did my flowers which turned out perfect with our style! During that process, It was fun, yet stressful. Adam and I spent countless hours of planning. But in the end it turned out perfectly, and all the work completely paid off! Having that time spent together creating things inspired us to work together as a team.

We started our business last summer called: Mack Made. Our business began because ultimately we wanted to have something that we could pursue together. We've loved being able to bring our similarities + opposites to the table. Mainly, we LOVE to create things out of overlooked & old goods. We make all kinds of upcycled items: from spoon bracelets to mason jar tumblers to garden markers..you name it. Everything we do is one of a kind, which makes it extra special. 
You can check us out on etsy: etsy.com/shop/dearmackmade
 & follow us on our blog: mackmade.blogspot.com

..don't be shy, and thanks for stopping by!.. 
*follow me on instagram: everyonedeservesflowers* 
'Like' on facebook: everyone deserves flowers.
Follow Me on Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment