Monday, March 18, 2013

put the lime in the coconut...

coconutty goodness...

I love this blogpost title. It reminds me of one of my favorite movies of all time, 'Practical Magic.' Remember, the part where they're mixing up the yummy goodness and one of God's greatest creations, the margarita!


Mmmmmm (Salivating over here...)

So much has been happening with my growing floral business lately. (feeling very blessed) Did you happen to see my post on Facebook about how I am going to be on the morning FOX43 news on March 28? 'Blondie's Bridal Salon' is going to be segmented for their 'Dress for a Cause' benefit, and I am going to be modeling this gorgeous dress! I've never had the luxury of trying on a wedding dress, so I'm excited. Maybe when Eddie sees how pretty it is, he'll speed up the process ;) The benefit is being held on March 30, and 'everyone deserves flowers.' will be providing all the corsages and hair pieces for the models that evening. So, if you're free, come  join the fun of the fashion show and dress sale, support my business, and be part of a great cause! 

So, where was I going with all of those coconut references? I wanted to share a Pinterest worthy trick I've been doing... that I may have learned off Pinterest (hehehe) 

My hair was damaged! The years [upon years] I've been bleaching, going back brunette, and  bleaching back for Summer really put in some wear and tear. I ended up cutting my hair a little shorter than shoulder length, but that was over 3 years ago. My hair seemed to just stop growing. My long locks I once had were done... never going to return... Or so I thought! 
I've tried every trick recommended and everything I've read. Egg yolks for moisturizing, warm olive oil, scalp massaging for 5 minutes/ day... And yes, my hair grew, and it would feel soft, but they were all short-term fixes. Then I came across the holy grail, COCONUT OIL. (You can buy it in any food store in the organic section.)

 I've been using it for about 2 months, once or twice a week. I try not to wash my hair more than 4 times per week anyway. That's where my other friend comes into play, dry shampoo. 'Umberto' is my favorite, and it is available at Target for about $8.00. My hair is growing quicker than normal, it is softer, and feels thicker! I've been using these products in conjunction with 'Pureology' shampoo and conditioner, which I also LOVE. So, those are my 'can't live with outs' when it comes to my hair regimen.

The coconut oil comes in a pasty form, and the bottle says to store it in a cool, dark place (a cabinet). Once you scoop some out, it 
will start to melt into an oily substance just from the warmth of your hand. Put as much on your hair as needed to moisten and cover 
with a shower cap or plastic bag. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes. I'll clean the house, do laundry, make lunch... But if I choose to apply heat with the treatment, which is recommended, I rig up my blow dryer into my bathroom sink, and I'll sit on the floor for 15 minutes (when applying heat you're boosting the system, so you don't need it applied as long.) That allows me to play with Piper, blog (hehe) Facebook, Pinterest, you know, the important stuff. 

When you wash it out, you will need to shampoo twice since it is an oil. Condition as normal. When you blow dry your hair out of the shower, you will feel the difference in the texture. 
You're welcome.
..don't be shy, and thanks for stopping by!.. 
*follow me on instagram: everyonedeservesflowers* 
'Like' on facebook: everyone deserves flowers.
Follow Me on Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment